
A funny thing has been happening in the food manufacturing business. There has been (at least in my opinion) a trend in recent years toward products made with good ole' fashioned ingredients. None of the "bad" stuff. (I picture Mr. Nabisco slaving over some sort of pastry made from my grandma's family recipe).
I must admit that these products have me hook, line, and sinker. I fall for them every time. Because I prefer food without high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated plastic. But the whole "simply" movement makes me think on another level.

I wonder if companies expect a round of applause from consumers for their nutty crunchy return to nature. I love the product, but I always think, "Awesome, but why haven't they done this all along??" It's not like using basic and naturally occuring ingredients is anything new- companies are just able to put it in attractive packaging and charge twice as much...and it seems to be working.
I say- bring on more products! Charge less, but keep em' coming! Welcome to a world where food was meant to be simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment